Re: [opensuse] How to update packages SuSe Enterprise Linux
  • From: Denis <denismpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 14:08:05 -0300
2008/4/2, Joe Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>:
Denis wrote:
Hi dears.

Do suse have any official repository for updated packages?

I would like to update my java that is installed on 1.4.2 version. But
I didn't find any packaged version trought out google, rpmfind,
pbone.net

You want to update it from 1.4.2, or to 1.4.2?

I want to update from 1.4.2

My architecture is IA64.

Could somebody give me general directions on updating packages on a
SELS based system?

Which version? 9 or 10?

Version 10.

I am used to debian, then there I just have to use aptitude update/install

With SLES you've got yast, and you've got the quarterly update CDs.The thing
is, though,you won't have the same level of community software development
as in opensuse, or the availability of repositories. You're best bet is to
go to Novell with such questions. The server is under support contract,
right?

I do not know if my server is under support. But I am afraid not.
Anyway I will contact novel with these questions.

The Quarterly update cds, am I allowed to download it from somewhere?

Thank you very much, Joe.

Joe

--
Denis Anjos.