Re: [opensuse] smart documentation rewrite
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2008 09:39:23 -0500
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:36 PM, linux_learner <linux.learner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Weel, that would ordinarily be a good idea. On
wiki.suselinuxsupport.de where I did the original draft over 2 years
ago, they use wikka. Wikka is not compatible with mediawiki. On
labix.org/smart uses moinmoin, which is also incompatible with the
other two. On my site, I can do any wiki I wish, and I prefer
mediawiki myself, but then it's making the databases or the wiki
syntax compatible with each other.

I'm far from wiki expert :), but I have helped and edited some pages
here and there, and I find this to be convenient way to collaborate on
a documentation. I guess you can create your documentation at
opensuse.org's mediawiki:
<http://en.opensuse.org/Help:Editing>

So as to that, I'm not sure how to resolve that. This is why I made my
book the way it is. If anyone has a resolution, let me know.

What did you find that needs fixing?

Small errors like duplicate "a"s as in " a a thing", etc. I'll try to
send you more detailed info later, when I have time. But it's going to
be hard - either an email with text like: In paragraph xxx, on page
yyy, in the second sentence ...., or updating the document itself with
revision and transmitting the whole document.

So, tell me what you prefer. I'm not fan of either of these :), but
I'' stick to the reality :).

Cheers

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.