Re: [opensuse] World-largest Linux Migration Project
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 21:33:31 -0700
On Tuesday 01 April 2008 08:19:15 pm Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster
That's because Novell marketing sucks.

(That comes from a friend who attended brainshare and berated the
marketing group directly.)

Novell's marketing has ALWAYS been bad, and until they get some people
like some of us here, who know how to "fight in the trenches," they'll
still end up not being where they could be and should be!

Subscribe!!

IBM had that problem in the days of OS/2,

Yes - I spoke to the guys in Boca about it more than once. Never got anywhere
though.

Although I'm entering this conversation mid-stream, I agree with the
Novell comment. Their marketing sucks. Sad, because their directory
services are killer. NDS is and has always been superior to Microsoft's
Active Directory. I can recall working with replication in my CNE
courses a few years back, thinking "man, Novell can do directory
services on Windows better than Microsoft can!"

Though I know we're going way OT - I was told that the most interesting thing
coming out of brainshare (apart from Win2008 running in Xen) was that there
are still many large companies running NetWare 3.12 servers, many with 1000+
days of uptime.

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com