Re: [opensuse] Re: Kalvin Weng is out of the office.
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 23:15:03 -0500
Dog Walker wrote:
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 8:41 AM, Jan Engelhardt <jengelh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Tuesday 2008-04-01 12:11, James Hatridge wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 April 2008 06:41, David C. Rankin wrote:
>>
>> Just look at the P.E. on the far right side and you will conclusively
>> know where all my spelling problems and anal retentiveness came from....
>> ;-)
>> --
>> David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
>
> OK, I see that "J.D. is Juvenile Delinquent, but what is P.E.?

Portably Executable. :>
--

Lawyer? P.E. == Pompous Esquire

No, no! There is no pompous 101 in law school curriculum. Pompous 101 is jealously guarded and only the province of medical school which leads to a M.D., not a J.D...

And P.E. in Texas requires a lot of (strike that) a B.S., 5 years apprenticeship under the guidance of another P.E. the recommendation of 5 other P.E.s and then an 8 hour principal and practices exam in your field of specialty. Following that it requires 15 hours of annual continuing education along with the 15 hours the J.D. requires as well.

But no Pompous C.E., that is for the M.D.s

--
David C. Rankin, J.D., P.E.
Rankin Law Firm, PLLC