[opensuse] KRFB fails handling RDP connections
  • From: "Jason Bailey, Sun Advocate Webmaster" <webmaster@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 21:08:12 -0600
This is a weird one...

I have two workstations running openSUSE 10.3 (x86_64). I have added a few repositories (i.e. Packman) but nothing unusual or out of the ordinary. Both are x86_64 - one is a laptop (Core 2 Duo) and one is a desktop (EM64T single core).

Suddenly, KRDC won't do RDP connections (on either). I didn't change anything (at least I don't remember changing anything). It'll do VNC just fine. The RDP gets past the preferences setting and then just hangs (just before the actual screen opens).

Now, what's funny is that I can "rdesktop hostname" and it works fine. I just can't get to it via KRDC.

What really sucks is that I use the KIO slave from the "run" box... so it's been an adjustment to do this the other way.

I've reloaded the RPM containing krdc, but to no avail.

Suggestions?

--
Jason Bailey, Web/IT Administrator
Sun Advocate / Emery County Progress