Re: [opensuse] smart documentation rewrite
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:03:40 -0500
On Tue, Apr 1, 2008 at 6:30 PM, linux_learner <linux.learner@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I did the documentation for smart about 2 years ago. While it has
helped many, it is severely lacking. So now I am rewriting it. I have
decided, at least for now, to make it a book. Get the text right, the
formatting, and so on.

Here is where you come in. I need people to review it to make sure
it's easy to read, technically accurate and so on. I am striving to
reach a couple groups of people. 1) The newbie. Whether new to smart,
or new to Linux. 2) The developer and packager.

I update the book often, I just don't rename, or append the file with
version numbers. I suppose I could. Here is where you can find the
book http://downloads.thecompletecomputerresource.com/smart/smartbook.odm

It is my goal to make this as good as it can be, and the more feedback
I get, the better I can make this.

Hi,
thanks for heads up. One suggestion as a start - why don't you setup a
wiki for the book? It's much more easier to collaborate, i.e. if I
find some mistakes (I did, not critical ones), it's easier for me to
just fixc them in the wiki.

Cheers

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.