Re: [opensuse] 10.3 half way installed, crashed. How can I continue the install?
  • From: "David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 11:12:30 -0500
John Andersen wrote:
On Mon, Mar 31, 2008 at 7:18 PM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
John Andersen wrote:

> But why bother? It only takes a short while to do it over and do it
> right. The OP could have had this completed long before now
> if he had done that right away instead of posting here.

The answer to your questions is: "I am the OP and sometimes I enjoy
understanding a situation fully, even if it takes a little longer to do
it." Redoing the install from the beginning is a no-brainer, but I would
have learned nothing. Now, I can add another few pearls of wisdom to my
collection.

Understanding is wonderful thing......

But another wonderful thing is a machine you can trust. I've long
since sworn off
trying to recover botched installs, because of little time bombs left
laying around
that send me back thru yast time after time. Oh, and if its yast
itself that is hozed,
forget it.

I agree with the wisdom

--