[opensuse] Kmail and chown/ chmod
  • From: Constant Brouerius van Nidek <constant@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 20:10:28 +0700
Am running 10.2 and 10.3 on the same machine (not at the same time ;) ).
If I am working in 10.3 I want to receive my email via kmail in the same
mailbox.
For this purpose I have made MAIL directory in /home with the idea to use it
for both the email downloads in 10.2 and 10.3.
Problem is that I use different usernames, one ending with 102, the other with
103.
Is there a possibility to chmod or chown the mail directory with all the
different folders in such a way that both Suse's can use the same folders?
Looked in the man pages for both commands but did not find anything I could
(understand and) use.
If I would use the same username for both versions, would that work? Thought
about such a solution but have than the problem of not knowing in what
version I am working for the moment ;).