[opensuse] suggestion for *mail* backup
  • From: jdd <jdd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 01 Apr 2008 12:46:31 +0200
I open this thread because it's near the nearly same subject thread about backup, but I never found a good answer.

It's easy to backup the hole .mozilla (for example), but restoring it is not (merge problem).

what I need is more like mail archive, an html accessible mail storage.

I use seamonkey, but kmail or thunderbird may have similar context.

Last time I tied to do this (several years ago) I use a html archive progam, but this one didn't know howto archive more than one account at a time. I had to copy all my mails (spread in a handfull of different accounts) in the same box and start from this,

the system was far from pleasant and the result not so good.

Do you know an archive progam that could scan a mozilla account, read all the (nested) mail folders and build an html tree?

thanks
jdd
--
http://www.dodin.net