Re: [opensuse] SuSE 11 alpha 3
  • From: Johannes Meixner <jsmeix@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2008 12:12:15 +0200 (CEST)

Hello,

On Mar 30 13:06 Donn Washburn wrote (shortened):
Again I see a problem with SuSE 11 Yast2 and cups. I call up Yast2 Hardware
Printer and go all the way trough the setup for my HP 4L printer and all I
find is one filter driver.

Is it an update from an older (which?) openSUSE version
or a new installation from scratch?

How is the printer connected (USB, parallel port, ...)?

Which exact model string is shown in YaST (what was autodetected)?
Which excat driver string is shown (which driver was found for it)?

What results
lpinfo -l -v
and
lpinfo -m | grep -i 4l