Re: [opensuse] Xinetd question
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 31 Mar 2008 20:43:09 +0200
On Mon, 2008-03-31 at 14:21 -0400, Kain, Becki (B.) wrote:

Hello all:

I have a few boxes, built from the same os, with same application on
there, that is started by xinetd. The config file is:

service uptmagnt
{
disable =3D no
flags =3D REUSE
socket_type =3D stream
wait =3D no
user =3D nobody
server =3D /opt/uptime-agent/bin/uptmagnt
}

Now, for unknown reasons, this agent doesn't respond on the port that's
defined in /etc/services, some of the time and the only way to get it
respond is to restart xinetd. It's the only agent that is not
responding and it's only on one of the many identical boxes. The only
difference on this box, that I can think of, is the date gets changed
on
it, every day. But of course, every day, the agent doesn't stop
working
just *sometimes*

Sounds very strange. Do you get anything in /var/log/messages when this
happens?

Anders