Re: [opensuse] Lyris Listserver on OpenSUSE 10.3?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 21:36:32 +0200
On Sun, 2008-03-30 at 19:20 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
lyris: dynamic-link.h:57: elf_get_dynamic_info: Assertion `! "bad dynamic
tag"' failed.
/etc/init.d/lyris: line 8: 2013 Aborted PATH=/sbin:/bin:/
usr/bin /usr/local/lyris/bin/lyris -bd

While I know this is more likely not an OpenSUSE issue but rather a Lyris
issue, I wondered if anyone could tell me what the elf_get_dynamic_info
error means - I can't seem to find a good definition of what it is in
order to correct it.

Am I right in thinking the lyris binary is statically linked?

This problem seems to mostly happen with static binaries when run on
newer glibc versions than they were built against.

If it is a static binary, ask lyris to build a new one - or better yet,
get them to build a dynamically linked version

Since it is a commercial, closed source app, no one but them can help
you with this

Anders