Re: [opensuse] SuSE 11 alpha 3
  • From: Ben Kevan <ben.kevan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:12:48 -0700
On Sunday 30 March 2008 11:32:41 am Peter J. P-N wrote:
Donn Washburn wrote:
Anyone one have a idea on this subject. I might try the cups setup GUI
version (but I don't remember it binary name).

Have you tried:
http://localhost:631/ ?

The setup files suppose to be found in:
/etc/cups/

Some info:
http://www.cups.org/documentation.php
http://www.cups.org/doc-1.1/sum.html

For a test run you could configure a pdfprinter:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/linux/answers/Applications_GUI_Multimedia/Set
ting_up_a_PDF_printer_in_CUPS_in_my_case_in_Slackware

Although I realize that most experienced users are comfortable with using
local cups, but the YaST cups configuration is there for a reason to help
simplify installation and administration.

Donn,

Have you filed a bug report and label it minor? You can do so by creating (or
logging in) an account at http://bugzilla.novell.com

Good luck.