Re: [opensuse] / as a LV
  • From: Moby <moby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 12:38:45 -0500

Lars Marowsky-Bree wrote:
On 2008-03-19T08:41:48, LDB <thesource@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

And asking for real headache if the root volume crashes and
the system needs to be restored from backup.
I agree with Sam, but I just like flexibility in all environments.
I have abandoned the LV root, due to all the issues and and
uncertainty.

All my systems run with root on LVM. I've never had a problem since 6.4,
neither with swap on LVM as well. Yes, I keep /boot separate.

Regards,
Lars

Same here, multiple servers with / on LVM, no issues.

--
--Moby

deserve neither liberty nor safety. -- Benjamin Franklin