Re: [opensuse] Computer keeps ejeting CD-Rom
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 13:16:22 +0200
Hi!

Am Sonntag 30 März 2008 schrieb Carlos E. R.:
Matthias Bach wrote:
Disable automount. Or at lest, manually mount the CD. Or in a konsole or
xterm, do a "cd" to the cdrom directory: this way the directory will be
active and can not be umounted.

Yes, this solution technically works, but it doesn't work for me. There
are other people using the computer who are not power users and don't
want to see an xterm or konsole, therefore I would still be happy about
any other solutions.

Sorry about that, then. I don't know what you can do. Report the problem in
Bugzilla and hopefully it will be solved sometime in the future.

That's what I feared, but thanks for your effert anyways. So off to Bugzilla
it now has to go ..

Tell them to keep a konqueror or any browser window opened on that CD.

That won't work, as Konqueror will not keep the directory open while
displaying it.

Regards,
Matthias

--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

„Der einzige Weg, die Grenzen des Möglichen zu finden, ist ein klein wenig
über diese hinaus in das Unmögliche vorzustoßen.“ - Arthur C. Clarke