Re: What diagnostic info to grab? - Re: [opensuse] Disappeared Panel
  • From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 16:26:45 -0400
James Bullock wrote:

Clever or not so clever application naming aside, I'm seeing the same "Disappeared Panel" from time to time, starting about a week ago along with some other symptoms. I'd like to help diagnose this. What info should / could I grab? Where can I route the info?

This is an old bug that has never been fixed in KDE! I suspect there are several causes, one of them is moving the mouse while clicking on any icon or open folder on the bar. A restart of kicker DOESN'T always bring back the bar.

Fred

--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?