Re: [opensuse] Disappeared Panel
  • From: Joe Sloan <joe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 11:46:38 -0700
Stan Goodman wrote:
On Saturday 29 March 2008 21:22:03 K.R. Foley wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:
On Saturday 29 March 2008 20:55:28 Matthias Bach wrote:
Hi!

Am Samstag 29 März 2008 schrieb Stan Goodman:
The Panel of my KDE Desktom has disappeared in mid-session. I do
not associate this with any action of mine. How can I get it back?
Launch kicker.

In the absense of the chameleon at the left end, I do not know how
to call up a command line. How is that done?
Press Alt + F2.
I tried this earlier. What I don't know is what Alt-F2 calls the
command line. I tried "terminal", but it doesn't know that.
Try konsole.

This is hilarious. I tried "console", which of course didn't work, because I was not cute enough. Score another for KDE.

While konsole is the kde terminal program, I'd have never thought "console" to be the name of a program, as it's more of a generic term. As a unix guy, my first instinct would probably have been xterm...

Oh well, live and learn.
Joe