[opensuse] Xorg changing screen size and SaX2
  • From: Bruce Samhaber <bsamhaber@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 12:30:54 -0400
Hi,

I have used the XF86 for many years and have always liked the 'zooming'
feature of changing the screen mode on the fly with the CTRL-Alt-'+' or
CTRL-Alt-'-' combinations.

I am currently running with SuSe 10.1 on both a desktop and an IBM T42 Laptop.
The 'zooming' works on the desktop but not the laptop.

I am speculating that the problem might just be the keyboard on the laptop.
But since I do not have a keyboard that will work to plug into the laptop I
cannot debug it that way. Is there some other way to see what the keyboard is
getting for key strokes?

If someone has a better explanation & fix I would like to hear it.

Thanks,

--
Bruce Samhaber
Senior Hardware Design Consultant