Re: [opensuse] /bin/rm: Argument list too long
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 09:01:24 +0100
Sam Clemens wrote:

which "configure" is that?

$ which configure
$

Hmmm... it seems that "configure" is *NOT* a standard command.

What do you think about that?

I think anyone who sees dot-slash-configure and pretends not
>to know what it refers to has lost the focus of the discussion.

No...I was driving home a point.

Although common, "configure" is a not a standard program

It is usually a script generated by the standard 'autoconf/automake'
utilities. I tend to agree with Brian that dot-slash-configure is a
well-known and fairly standard command - with various exceptions to
prove the rule.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich