Re: [opensuse] Distributed Filesystem
  • From: LDB <thesource@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2008 07:44:26 -0400
Mark Van De Vyver wrote:
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 4:57 AM, Chris Worley <worleys@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 2:47 PM, LDB <thesource@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Does SLES have a distributed filesystem similar to Red Hat's
> GFS?

(Note that you're on an OpenSUSE Mailing List, not SLES).

Lustre, </begin flame war> which is probably the best-scaling
open-source cluster file system available, is available for SLES 9 and
10:

I've used PVFS 2.6 (free) on openSUSE 10.2 x86_64 with some pleasure -
I'm a linux newbie so bare that in mind :)

https://cds.sun.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/CDS-CDS_SMI-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=LUSTRE-1643-G-F@CDS-CDS_SMI

Chris

Thanks All for the responses. I have tried to search for the SLES mailing
list but cannot find it. I thought this was it.

Thanks again,

LDB