Re: [opensuse] dual head configuration
  • From: "Benji Weber" <b.weber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 12:41:14 +0000
On 25/03/2008, David Bear <david.bear@xxxxxxx> wrote:
I just installed opensuse 10.3 x86_64 version.

I have an nvidia quadro and two displays attached (both usigin digital
connectors). When I open sax2 to configure my display, I don't see anywhere
that I can add a second monitor. There is a tab for display 1. I see the
Quadro nvs 280 card listed -- and there are a lot of options availabel for it
none of which would indicate I can enable a second monitor.

I see also one of the monitors that is attached. I do not see a way to add
the second monitor.

Both flat panel displays are connected, AND I get output on both of them.
However, only one of them has an active mouse and there is no obvious way to
switch to the other.

If you have an nvidia card and are using the proprietary nvidia
drivers you can use "nvidia-settings" to configure multiple displays.
With the newer drivers you can enable/disable/move the monitors
without restarting X, as they support the new xrandr.

--
Benjamin Weber