Re: [opensuse] Hijacked?
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 04:15:25 +0100
On Tue, 2008-03-25 at 23:09 -0400, Mark Misulich wrote:
Hi,
I am online at the moment at a foreign location (for me, not for the
people who live here) and when I selected an website in my browser's
history list and entered it, up popped an all-black browser window that
I wasn't expecting. It reads:

/www.g00ns.net owns you

Anon7192 owns you.
Get secure.

irc.g00ns.net #g00ns if you wish to chat =D

http://g00ns-forum.net

/ I immediately ran rkhunter, chkrootkit, and Klamav all with negative
results. /

/I am not sure what to do, has my system been breached?

Hard to say

My immediate guess is that it's the web site you were trying to reach
that's been hacked. Or do you get the same site for all addresses you
try?

If you do, try "host <address>" from a command line, where <address> is
the host you're trying to reach. If you get 72.20.26.213, then it's the
dns of the ISP that's been hacked

Anders