Re: [opensuse] Re: Shockwave Flash -- Addendum
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 21:19:00 +1100
Charles philip Chan wrote:
Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

I am getting a log of error messages when I browse the 'Net, about
pages that require Shockwave Flash. They do not tell me anyting
about what kind of file feels unrequited (or about why web
designers feel an urge to use this crap).

Please post a link to such a site.

I don't see a way to add a filetype to this list.

For some strange reason this function does not exist in Firefox (it was
there in mozilla). You will need to install the mime-edit extension:

I have a similar problem with MPlayer, by the way, which is capable of
running some WMP film clips from websites, but not all.

Please post a link to a video.
The questions which Stan should be asked to answer are: which version of Firefox is he running and where did he install it from (from openSUSE or directly from mozilla.org); and are the symlinks in ~home/.mozilla/plugins pointing to the correct files?

Once this is known, "Time and the little grey cells, will always [solve the problem]!" :-) .

Ciao.

--
If you really want to know, you won't ask me.