Re: [opensuse] [Fwd: What is the problem - and with whom?] - SOLVED
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 17:07:41 +1100
Philipp Thomas wrote:
On Mon, 24 Mar 2008 14:22:09 +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

Define "official".

Official is something like the 10.3 update or the 10.3 repo.

Heck, Phillip, can't you understand that flogging around terms like "something like the 10.3 update" or "the 10.3 repo" means NOTHING to those who are not acquainted with the "lingo"?

What *exactly* do the above 2 terms actually mean to a person who is new to this forum? (In fact, I don't really understand what the heck you are talking about - sorry.)

They are all listed in the YaST2 File Management section. Now if that is not 'official' then I don't know what is.

Yes, you might argue that way,

Well, I AM arguing it this way.

but would you call all shoutcast stations
listed by a tool like streamtuner 'official' listings?

What the heck are you talking about? :-)

What are "shoutcast stations" and a "[tool like] streamtuner 'official' listings"?!

What you are really pointing out, and confirming to me, is that there is a hell of a lot of "local JARGON" being bantered around which does not in any way help a newcomer to Linux (openSUSE) nor does it help someone like me who has been around in this forum for some time.

And if someone questions the contents of responses provided they are jumped on.

If you, or anyone else, don't like the question then go away and don't bother responding in any way whether it be in an emotive and negative way or just for the sake of giving a response simply for the purpose of giving *a* response because you have nothing better to do.

Ciao.

--
If you really want to know, you won't ask me.