Re: [opensuse] freshclam error
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 04:10:40 +0100
On Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 06:47:35PM -0400, Chuck Payne wrote:
Guys,

I been getting this error. I have tried to install freshclam, but it
looks like it not a part of 10.3.

WARNING: update of clamav database is disabled; please see
'/etc/sysconfig/freshclam'
for information how to enable the periodic update resp. how to turn
off this message.

Is there rpm for 10.3? If so, where can I get it?

freshclam is in the "clamav" RPM we ship.

Not sure why this error happens, /etc/sysconfig/freshclam does not
exist either.

Can you just try running the "freshclam" command on the root commandline?

Ciao, Marcus