[opensuse] Re: Kooka
  • From: "Charles philip Chan" <cpchan@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 12:49:44 -0400
Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:

I want to scan documents and photographs; I have fired up Kooka and read
its documentation thoroughly. I find menu choices and icon buttons for
doing many things with a scanned image, but so far have not discovered
any way to induce the scanner to actually scan anything.

Like all scanning applications:

1. First make sure your scanner is setup properly. You should see your
device listed if you run:

,----
| scanimage -L
`----

from a console.

2. set your options ("scan mode", "resolution", etc).

3. preview the scan by pressing "Preview Scan" and select the region to
be scanned.

4. Do the final scan by pressing "Final Scan".

However, for advance scanning I don't recommend kooka- one should use
xsane. This is because kooka lacks a lot of advanced features such as
picking white, grey and black points. batch scanning (if you have a doc
feeder), etc.

Charles