Re: [opensuse] Firefox 3 beta
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 15:03:04 +1100
Joe Morris wrote:
On 03/22/2008 11:23 AM, Basil Chupin wrote:
Both versions come from opensuse.org/update/10.3 repository so why hasn't YaST2 upgraded java to the newer 1.6 version (as indicated in the result of THE TEST)?
Security updates SELDOM have upgraded versions (unless it was absolutely necessary), it only updates to the same version with security patches applied, for maximum compatibility. It has been that way I know of since 6.4. You have been a SuSE user for a long time, I am surprised you needed to ask.

And I am surprised that you can come up with crap like your current response.

Where do "security updates" come into all this?!

Have you read the preceding messages in this thread?

Have you fully understood what I wrote in the message to which you have responded?

Ciao.

--
If you really want to know, you won't ask me.