Re: [opensuse] Firefox 3 beta
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2008 14:23:57 +1100
Oddball wrote:
Greg Freemyer schreef:

I'm running 64-bit. Flash works. Don't know about Java. What's a
good site to test that on?

Greg

http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp

Just following on from the python-gtk fiasco mentioned in another thread, I went to the above site and did THE TEST :-) , and, just as with the business of python-gtk, I am now totally c-o-n-f-u-s-e-d, to put it politely :-( .

Doing the test resulted in me being given the message, "Oooops, you are using the wrong version of java" - or words to this effect. So I go looking for the "right" version of java.

In YaST2 Software Management I can see that I have java-1_5_0-sun installed but just a little way down there is java-1_6_0-sun staring me in the face.

Both versions come from opensuse.org/update/10.3 repository so why hasn't YaST2 upgraded java to the newer 1.6 version (as indicated in the result of THE TEST)?

Ciao.

--
If you really want to know, you won't ask me.