Re: [opensuse] [Fwd: What is the problem - and with whom?]
  • From: Jeremy Baker <jab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 18:21:13 -0400
On March 20, 2008 04:28:52 am Basil Chupin wrote:
I've been using smart now since it was available for use in openSUSE.

At the moment I am using opeSUSE v10.3 (with all of its upgrades/updates
as of today).

I am also using both openSUSE's zypper and smart to upgrade the OS.

Everything was working just fine until a couple of days ago when
openSUSE's zypper did some upgrades - and it so happens that I saw that
python was one of the files being upgraded.

Since this upgrade, smart does not work.

While smart-updater goes away and checks for new upgrades and comes back
with the information that there are new upgrades available, trying to
download these new upgrades results with -- zilch.

Running smart itself produces nothing.

Running smart from a command line with, /usr/bin/smart --gui produces
the error message:

system has no support for gtk python interface

But python is installed (and it was upgraded as I mentioned above).

What do I need to do to get smart working again?

Ciao.

--
If you really want to know, you won't ask me.

I had this exact same behaviour. The culprit was the python-gtk 2.12.0-22.1
from the GNOME:Community repository. I downgraded to 2.10.6-25 from the
standard opensuse repo, and now all is well. One other thing to note, smart
isn't broken, just the gui. You can still run it from the command line.

--
Jeremy Baker <jab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
GnuPGP fingerprint =