Re: [opensuse] [Fwd: What is the problem - and with whom?]
  • From: Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2008 22:21:17 +1100
Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 08:14:32PM +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:
Basil Chupin wrote:
Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Thu, Mar 20, 2008 at 07:28:52PM +1100, Basil Chupin wrote:

[pruned]

What non-official SUSE repos do you have? These likely had some :-) python update that broke it.

The last official python update was on Feb 1st and was just a security fix.

Ciao, Marcus
The upgrade of python-gtk came from OpenSUSE Build Service dated 18 March 2008 timed 02:q6:53 EST.

Ciao.
Sorry about the typo. The time should read, "02:16:53 EST"

File a bug against this repository?

File a bug against a repository called 'openSUSE Build Service'? Isn't this a free-for-all build service under the control of Novell? So what am I supposed to file bug about, and aginst whom? :-)

I guess its one of the GNOME ones, right?

I have no idea, sorry Marcus. I just boot the OS and let zyppo and smart do their designed jobs.

But your question has a rather unpleasant connotation: "I guess its one of the GNOME ones, right?"

I always thought that system applications did not distinguish between such things as "GNOME" or whatever but were commonly applicable to all "flavours" - for want of a better description - of Linux distros and desktops.

Ciao.

--
If you really want to know, you won't ask me.