Re: [opensuse] no sound in firefox/konq/opera/seamonkey
  • From: Ken Schneider <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:57:10 -0400
Ed McCanless pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
kanenas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
This is a new one for me. I lost sound - only in web browsers! I googled for that, saw a number of strange cures, tried them, no joy.
that's on the two latest versions of kernel, presently 2.6.22.17-0.1-default,
as well as the last 3 alsa versions, currently alsa-1.0.16.hg20080311-1.1
and of course the various permutations. no snd related entries found by dmesg.
vlc, audio, all non internet apps work just fine, anything on the net just dies.
system is a 64 bit 10.3 install, 3 something default kde, mobo is an asus p5b, integrated sound, model 82801h (ICH8 Family), cpu is a 6400 dual core thing. the driver is : hda-intel.
all updates thru yast, from "community" repositories.
any suggestions?
tia,
d.
I'm experiencing similar problems, here. Thought it might have something
to do with installation of avidemux, but also ran updates the same day.
I will be watching for help, too.

-ED-

I doubt it has anything to do with avidemux as I have been using avidemux and have no problems with sound when playing video from files or the internet.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998