Re: [opensuse] 1.4.7 [___stripped][validity: 0.89][frames: 82][yauap]
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:31:42 +0100
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 03:28:06PM -0400, Antryg Revok wrote:

BTW, opensuse 10.3 demanded to install updates to amarok, in stereo ( the
updater thingy showed 2 updates for every program it had listed, and
described them identically ), repeatedly.

I got bloody fed-up with the godamn thing, quickly.

6 or 8 times updating amarok in a day, sometimes installing only-one-of-two
identical updates, in the hopes that that would fix the thing so it wouldn't
keep demanding the same updates to be installed again. . .

I *think* that the kicker updater applet screams that updates need be
installed endlessly until the next-day's-scan is done, but am not certain.

I /know/ that it didn't do anything except say it wouldn't work until I gave
its wrapper suid ( after changing the system permissions to "secure" from
"lets be trojanned/cracked, shall we?", as I do after any install )

Now I just ignore the damn updater, since it seems to either have no brains,
or no brawn ( either it doesn't know what it updated, or it can't update
anything ).

maybe that has some bearing on this, but I don't know.

I'm fed-up-with brain-damaged automatisms, though, thet's fersure. . . (
openoffice.org's abuse-of-our-data, too )

Also, what's with the 2 seconds delay between tracks, by default?

Also also, what's with the gstreamer being the only method of playing mp3s?
How come the "add codec" produces a konq window with the opensuse download
page on it, but no codecs?
( the URL displayed isn't the download page, it's some long-complex thing
that the site ignores )

Whatever, IF this info helps anyone, then good,
if not, then just send it to /dev/null.

Please just run "zypper up" _once_ on the root commandline to remove this issue.

Ciao, Marcus