Re: [opensuse] Can I create an rpm from a package on my linux machine ?
  • From: ne... <guhvies@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 13:38:44 +0000
On Tue, Mar 18, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Dirk Moolman <DirkM@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
If I already have a package installed on my linux machine, but also want
to install it on another machine, and I don't have the rpm anymore -

can I create an rpm using the already installed package ?
Short answer: no
Long answer: qualified no, you will not have the scripts that might be
run, even if you have all the files.

*** Disclaimer ***
Please consider using one of the freely available mailers, eg gmail,
hotmail. A lot of people on public lists
like these frown upon disclaimers like yours as they are not enforceable.

ne...
Certified: 75% bastard, 42% of which is tard.
http://www.thespark.com/bastardtest
Now accepting personal mail for GMail invites.