Re: [opensuse] Starting a Java application
  • From: Stan Goodman <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 01:26:51 +0200
On Tuesday 18 March 2008 01:09:21 Randall R Schulz wrote:
On Monday 17 March 2008 14:45, Anders Johansson wrote:
Stan Goodman wrote:
commandline I am trying to run is copied from the WORKING
installation in OS/2.

I wonder if perhaps it could be that the copy from OS/2 did something
to corrupt it?!

The file command should identify JAR files as "Zip archive data," if
they're mostly intact. The "zipinfo this.jar" or "jar t that.jar"
commands will list their contents.

How exactly did you copy it?

Are you perhaps thinking ASCII-mode FTP or the equivalent?

No. In OS/2 it is on an HPFS partition; the same partition is mounted in
Linux. I do not think I did anything reakky naive, which everyone seems
to think. At this point, it is old news; now I'm trying to get the new
version to work, in spite of its desire for a Java executable that
doesn't exist on my system for some reason.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on