Re: [opensuse] Starting a Java application
  • From: Thomas Schmidt <tschmidt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 18:17:54 +0100
Stan Goodman schrieb:
I have been using this Java app for many years under OS/2, and want now to run
it in openSuSE.

The starting command that I have been trying to use (from a terminal, in the
application's own directory) is:

<java -cp ./lib/genj.jar:./lib/jhbasic.jar genj.app.App>

The two jar files are what I know to be required to run this application, and
they are just where they should be; spelling and case are correct. The jar
files have three "r"s in their permisisons. Yet running this command yields
only the exception warning:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: genj/app/App

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't see what.

It seems that neither of the 2 libraries contains the Class genj.app.App
which you are trying to call.
Greetings

--
Thomas Schmidt (tschmidt [at] suse.de)
SUSE Linux Products GmbH :: Research & Development :: Internal Tools