[opensuse] Starting a Java application
  • From: "Stan Goodman" <stan.goodman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 19:14:48 +0200
I have been using this Java app for many years under OS/2, and want now to run
it in openSuSE.

The starting command that I have been trying to use (from a terminal, in the
application's own directory) is:

<java -cp ./lib/genj.jar:./lib/jhbasic.jar genj.app.App>

The two jar files are what I know to be required to run this application, and
they are just where they should be; spelling and case are correct. The jar
files have three "r"s in their permisisons. Yet running this command yields
only the exception warning:

Exception in thread "main" java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: genj/app/App

I must be doing something wrong, but I don't see what.

--
Stan Goodman
Qiryat Tiv'on