Re: [opensuse] Movie editor
  • From: Kai Ponte <kai@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2008 13:49:07 -0700
On Saturday 15 March 2008 03:28:36 pm Chris Arnold wrote:
I am wanting to edit my mpeg2 videos from our JVC video camera. I use 10.3
and kde with compiz-fusion. I have searched the opensuse archives and see
where people suggest cinelerra, kino and Lives. Cinelerra does not work on
10.3 from packman repo or when you compile from source. See the cinelerra
archives for this info. I see in yast a number of DVD author packages, like
dvdauthor, dvdstyler (this gives dependency errors), kdvdcreator,
kmediafactory and others. I want to take my existing mpeg2 files and join
them, edit them, add effects and menus and output to vob file to burn to
DVD. What package will accomplish this?

I think you've seen the answers about video editing. I use LiVES myself.

For tranferring to the DVD, I use - believe it or not - a combination of
command line and a GUI.

Once I get a video into the style I want, convert it to mpeg format using a
cli tool.

http://www.linux.com/feature/53702

Here's a command to translate a movie from avi format to mpeg2.

mencoder -oac lavc -ovc lavc -of mpeg -mpegopts format=dvd -vf scale=720:480,
harddup -srate 48000 -af lavcresample=48000 -lavcopts
vcodec=mpeg2video:vrc_buf_size=1835:vrc_maxrate=9800:vbitrate=5000:keyint=18:aspect=16/9:acodec=ac3:abitrate=192
-ofps
30000/1001 -o mymovie_dvd_format.mpg mymovie_orig_format.avi

I then use the KDE DVD Author Wizard to encode the movie(s) add title(s) and
ready the vob files.

http://dvdauthorwizard.sourceforge.net/view.php/page/Voorpagina

Though it lacks finesse, it does the job and does it better than any Wintendo
product I've tried.

--
kai
www.filesite.org || www.4thedadz.com || www.perfectreign.com