Re: [opensuse] /dev/md0 borked, can't mdadm --stop it, can't swapon /dev/md0
  • From: "Antryg Revok" <antrygrevok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 17:16:20 -0400
OK, that fixed it:
( removing "resume=/dev/md0" from /boot/grub/menu.lst )
NOW I can activate swap.

The question, then, is
just how in the hell come resume blocks swap when it's on
/dev/md0, and it ( usually/apparently )
doesn't do so on a conventional partition?

Also, what happens to the system when resume=... has been removed from the boot
parameters?

a) it's nap-time for me ( up all night with this damn thing ), and
b) gonna have to look up how to disable all suspend services,
because I think they need the resume stuff
c) maybe someday I'll discover how to have resume-data in a raid-1/swap
partition, as it should be intended. . .

Any thoughts?

TIA!