Re: [opensuse] /dev/md0 borked, can't mdadm --stop it, can't swapon /dev/md0
  • From: Sunny <sloncho@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 16:25:28 -0500
On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 3:48 PM, Antryg Revok <antrygrevok@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
hmm, maybe I think maybe I got it. . .
in /boot/grub/menu.lst
resume=/dev/md0
I /think/ that might be the problem. . .
I'll change that & reboot ( later, I'm fried right now, and don't want to
screw up the system any more than it already is )

If anyone knows that it's a baaad idea to remove the "resume=/dev/md0" bit
from grub menu.lst, tell me before I do-so, eh?

This just tells the system to resume from hibernation with the data,
stored in the swap (md0). Shouldn't be your problem tough.

Did you try to do all this in runlevel 1?

When you boot, insert "1" in the options, w/o the quotes.

--
Svetoslav Milenov (Sunny)

Even the most advanced equipment in the hands of the ignorant is just
a pile of scrap.