Re: [opensuse] Missing drives
  • From: Doug McGarrett <dmcgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 17:44:55 -0400
On Wednesday 12 March 2008 00:38, Basil Chupin wrote:
Doug McGarrett wrote:
/snip/

I don't know why the message is being truncated. I will attempt to
finish it here. The system refuses to see these drives. It certainly
saw the CD reader when I installed Linux. Help!

--dm

Blessed are the peacemakers ... for they shall be shot at from both
sides. --A.M. Greeley

A double "--" at the beginning of a line indicates to the mail client
that this is where the message ends.

In the long past (round about back in 1991 or so) the mail clients were
not too bright and as a result messages with "--" caused a few
headaches. It seems that nowadays that the software is a bit more
intelligent - but, nevertheless, this could be the reason why your
message(s) is/are being truncated. DON't use "--dm" as your signature
when ending a message.

Ciao.

Thank you. I never heard of that, but I'm not an old Unix hand!

-doug