From: Henrik Schmiediche [mailto:henrik@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Tuesday, March 11, 2008 12:01 PM
To: opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [opensuse] Keyboard problem during install... 10.3

Hello,
I have installed 10.3 on many systems, but I have not encountered this. I am
trying to install 10.3 on a Dell 5150 (latest BIOS). The system starts up
and the keyboard is working in the sense I can enter the bios and move
around. XP is currently installed on that machine and keyboard & mouse work
inside XP.

I boot into the 10.3 install screen and the keyboard fails to work. Nothing
I type has any effect. The system then proceeds to boot off the hard disk
since I cannot select the appropriate install option. I tried a different
USB keyboard, same problem. There are no ps2 ports on this machine.

Any ideas? Any work around?

Sincerely,

- Henrik