Re: [opensuse] reiserfs - No space left on device
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 15:35:00 +0100 (CET)

The Wednesday 2008-03-12 at 10:29 -0000, Dave Howorth wrote:

Carlos E. R. wrote:
Did you update the kernel and reboot, yet?

No, I'd still like to find a list of changes that suggests there was a
known reiser problem that has been fixed in the current kernel. Ciro's
problem sounds very much like Maciej Pilichowski's problem to my
untrained brain, but Ciro says his problem has gone away whilst Maciej's
is still open.

You should anyway update, and report your problem in bugzilla. If you think it is not the same as 353885, then enter a new one and let them mark it as duplicate.

And I still don't know why YaST updater is broken. I don't like changing
things - especially something as fundamental as the kernel - when there
are unexplained faults.

Updating the kernel is trivial. Specially when there are unexplained problems, it is a must, unless you really know the contrary. It is the first thing any support service will tell you.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.