Re: [opensuse] qmail?
  • From: jdd sur free <jdanield@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 11:32:17 +0100
Hudibras a écrit :

Is there an important reason to don't have qmail in openSUSE 10.3, did
I miss it's package?

No! There's any reason; evermore, it's very recommendable.

:-)

are yous sure? I found this: http://shearer.org/MTA_Comparison

Note: qmail is unmaintained: the author has not released since 1997 and does not permit others to make releases. It is also not Open Source Software, although the source is visible and usable within very tight restrictions.

the main reason I looked at qmail is than
* I'm confused with postfix documentation (many bad doc, official one is jargon)
* long time ago I had friends very found of qmail and I have to administer a qmail server (only partly, it's already configured) and it's very simple
* I don't know exim

google search don't give really answer

jdd

--