Re: [opensuse] Google Earth problem
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:36:10 -0500
On Tuesday 11 March 2008 12:18:45 pm Bikram Chatterjee wrote:
I am just curious. But as GE used to work on 10.2 the dri option must
be there. I have just updated to 10.3; does SuSE updates rewrites
xorg.conf?

I can't say as it is long time since I updated system to new version and I'm
not openSUSE Xorg insider, so I'm missing practical or theoretical knowledge.

I think that it should be conditional process. If changes in X server (Xorg)
require to change xorg.conf, as old options will be misinterpreted and
prevent Xorg from start, it will be changed, otherwise not.

The 'dri' option might be in for 10.2, though, so far I recall some changes in
Xorg used in 10.3 required driver update or 'dri' as workaround. My laptop
with ATI X200 requires 'dri' loaded. It seems that only nvidia solved the
problem.

--
Regards, Rajko.
See http://en.opensuse.org/Portal