Re: [opensuse] FTP net install howto
  • From: Bjørn Lie <bjorn.lie@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 12:51:08 +0100

man, 10.03.2008 kl. 20.29 -0400, skrev Mark Misulich:
Hi,
I wrote a howto for Suse FTP net installation with screenshots to make
it more understandable. How do I submit it to Opensuse community so
that others may use it?

Regards,
Mark

Your guide is not that good I'm afraid.
The biggest error in it is that you write that the mirror you used has
an IP adr 192.168.0.1 :)
If this adress worked for you the install program (or your router) must
contain some great magic

And normally putting in the IP is not needed. 99% of the time selecting
http. Putting download.opensuse.org as server (think this is done auto
now) and as folder distribution/10.3/repo/oss (afir this is also done
auto).

But putting up screenshots is a good idea. No doubt.

Bjørn