Re: [opensuse] Starting yast without repository check?
  • From: Mark Misulich <munguanaweza@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2008 20:26:10 -0400
Carlos E. R. wrote:

The Sunday 2008-03-09 at 19:45 +0100, Thierry de Coulon wrote:

> Yast is a nice thing, but if you have enables many repositories (which is
> necessary if you want some multimedia stuff to work), this "thing" take a
> hell of a time to start, checking every single repository.

I believe they are improving this for version 11.0

> It seems legitimate if you want to install, but not if you want to remove!

If you know what you want to remove, simply do so without yast. Use "rpm - --erase package_name".

-- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.

Hi,
here is an article about speeding up Yast package management. It includes a script to do the job. It doesn't go like lightning, it is an incremental increase.

http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:Speed_up_Package_Manager_Stack

Regards
Mark