Re: [opensuse] HP Printer C4380
  • From: Matthias Bach <marix@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 11:25:58 +0100
Hi!

Am Freitag 07 März 2008 schrieb Johannes Meixner:
On Feb 15 10:35 Matthias Bach wrote (shortened):
Please not that my build of sane-backends (called sane-backends-snapshot)
requires an updated version of yast2-scanner that is contained in the
same repository, adding the repository should give you the modified
version as an (optional) update (it has a higher package-version).

Thanks to point out the issue!
I looked at your yast2-scanner-2.15.5-allow_alternative_sane_backends.patch
and now I wonder if I need the rpm test at all in the
create_scanner_database script because all what matters
in this script is whether or not the description files exist.
I think I can remove the rpm test completely here
because the YaST scanner module tests during startup
if "sane-backends" is installed (and installs it if not).

That would be nice, as this, in future version, would remove the work of
providing an own yast2-scanner package from me, while I could still use the,
in my opinion, better naming scheme.

Regards,
Matthias
--
Matthias Bach
www.marix.org

"Was nicht mit einer gewissen Unsicherheit behaftet ist,
kann unmöglich die Wahrheit sein." - Richard P. Feynman