Re: [opensuse] Google Earth problem
  • From: "Rajko M." <rmatov101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Mar 2008 23:44:24 -0600
On Saturday 08 March 2008 11:03:03 pm Basil Chupin wrote:
Kai Ponte wrote:
On Saturday 08 March 2008 01:09:05 pm Joe Sloan wrote:
Oddly enough, I got the following error when running glxgears...

kai@xwing:~> glxgears
XIO: fatal IO error 11 (Resource temporarily unavailable) on X server
":0.0" after 37 requests (36 known processed) with 0 events remaining.

That's weird - was there any graphical result? did it stop suddenly and
give the error, or did you get the error when you ended the program?

It were when I ended the program.

Not something I'm too concerned about since I've yet to run glxgears
until now, but interesting none the less.

Something has gone haywire because of some upgrades in the past 2 days
(at least).

glxgears is no longer working (I get an error message along the lines
that Xorg doesn't contain it, or some such) and my system has slowed
down to the point where I went to the Performance Monitor a short time
ago and found that Xorg was using up ~93% of my CPU.

I also found that when I go to Yast (or even Configure Desktop) and
bring up the details for my monitor, I get a message saying that 3-D is
not available because "Your X server is using Rand R extension at 1.2 or
greater which doesn't have any configuration yet". What the hell is this
supposed to mean?! I've had 3-D for years (with my nVidia card and
driver) - and looking at what "RandR" is about doesn't mean a fig to me.

Instead of going forward I feel that some parts of openSUSE are going
backwards.

Ciao.

What you have as graphic adapter?

sh NVIDIA-Linux-x86-171.05-pkg1.run
and reboot seems to solve the problem with nvidias.
(for anti-reboot guys: I know how to unload old and load new kernel driver)

I have no idea when driver version 169.12 was available as I keep Nvidia
repository on manual refresh, but yesterday I updated driver and got no Xorg
at all. Luckily they seem to have found goofup and have never driver, though,
as shell script.

--
Regards, Rajko.
See http://en.opensuse.org/Portal