[opensuse] OpenSuse 10.2 dial-up problem
  • From: Martin Nopola <marnop@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2008 23:03:55 -0500
I am unable to connect via dial-up modem to any website except
Suse and Google using the boxed OpenSuse 10.2. I can search in
Google but as soon as a connection is made the modem instantly
disconnects.

Six months ago I bought 10.2 for a new box I put together but
went back to 10.0 because of this problem. Now that I know there
is no hardware problem with Suse 10.0, I have reinstalled and
configured 10.2 exactly the same way including using Kinternet
to dial my phone line. The only error is obvious; "modem
disconnected".

The Konqueror screen says check spelling and something about
permissions. Running sudo Kinternet is no different.

Kmail works ok.

I have run out of places to look.
The only solution I have is to buy a new copy from somewhere.

Marty