Re: [opensuse] [OT] unstable system - still trying to identify the culprit.
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 21:27:13 +0100
Basil Chupin wrote:

We need to know that our machines are _extremely_ unlikely to fail,
and the only way to do that is to push them to their rated limits
under the expectation that those limits are not overstated.

Thanks for the explanation, Randall. When I eventually get a quad-core
I'll keep all this in mind.

I think Randall put it very well and to the point - but be aware that
this is in no way related to the CPU being quad-core.
I have put every new system I have ever built (or acquired) through a
thorough stress test. Wrt mprime, the stress test facility is there to
ascertain the reliabilityof a machine as the regular outcome of mprime
feeds in to a bigger project where reliability and accuracy are
essential for the end result.

/Per Jessen, Z├╝rich